Friday, November 21, 2008

The Funny Drunk

I have this guy that comes on my bus. He is usually three sheets to the wind and can hardly stand up. He stands beside me and tells one joke after another. Some of them are funny, some dirty, actually most of them dirty, so I'm not going to repeat those, but I did remember a couple of them, maybe because they were dog jokes, and I love dogs. I know from my counselling training, that he is hiding his insecurity behind the humour. My guess is he had an abusive parent, probably his father, who probably was also an alcoholic and whom he could never please or receive any kind of encouragement or affection from. In my spirit I discerned he is starving for someone to say to him; " You're going to be OK and I love you son". It's amazing the change that a few words like that could do to a man like this. I'm on this route for a few more weeks so I'm hoping for a God appointment to do or say something significant in this mans life.
Here's a couple of jokes I can share:

1. What do you call a dog with no legs?
Answer: It doesn't matter, he can't come anyway! Come on now, that was funny!

2. What do you call a dog with two front legs and two wheels on his rear end?
Answer: Sparky! hahahaha!

That's all I can remember for now!

No comments: