Friday, April 25, 2008

VOTE TODAY !

The new agreement gets voted on later today. I honestly don't know how it will turn out. The Maintenance workers are not happy with it. The operators part looks good to me. Unfortunately, I'm hearing negative comments all over the place. City council is meeting next week to discuss if they will go to the premier and ask him to make us an essential service. The mayor was on the radio and made the mistake of admitting that if we are made an essential service that our wages will go WAY UP just like it did with the police. Now the membership want us to become an essential service. Isn't that a little weird? We have to go on strike to have the right to strike taken away permanently. I didn't have this problem when I was in the insurance business. Although it made just about the same amount of sense as this does at times. Oh well. Gas is going up to $2.25 per litre by the summer of 2009. The HSR is looking better and better every day. One tank of gas would make up the difference in wages, minus the hassle of the commute. I think I will just close my ears and enjoy the ride. It's clearly out of my hands.
................................................................................................................. to be continued.

1 comment:

D_Morrison said...

I'm sure what ever the choice you'll be taken care of.

2.25 eh, insanity.

Kim and I are still praying for an opurtunity to move our selves, so I know what your going through somewhat.

its looking like in order for ME to move I'd have to either commute for a wile into TO or find a lower paying job until I manage to either find a contract or a better job.

Life choices sure arnt easy.